Summer Youth Leaders (3 positions)
Posted May 3, 2017
Position Title: Summer Youth Leaders (3 positions)
Do you want to make a difference in the community this summer? Do you have strong leadership skills and love working with children and youth from diverse communities? MFRS Summer Youth Group is a place where you can use your talents to create a fun and positive space for immigrant and refugee children and youth 2-17 years of age. As a youth leader you are responsible for programming summer youth activities under the guidance of Youth Coordinator and Program Assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, implement, and lead programs and activities for children and youth in MFRS’ Youth and Parent/ Child groups.
• Set-up and clean up of facilities
• Participate in youth leadership training
• Prepare facilities for programs, followed by clean-up
• Report to Youth coordinator on a regular basis
• Promotion of summer program (i.e. development of communications materials)
• Program evaluation: documentation of program (i.e. photography, videography, and written summaries)
• Awareness and sensitivity to the issues of immigrant and refugee youth
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment an asset
• Leadership experience in programming recreation, arts, and camp activities with children and youth
• Good communication and team building skills
• Second language fluency an asset
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, self directed
• Police Security Check and Child Welfare Check required
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Flexible, committed, and enthusiastic
• Must be physically active with the ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs
• Must be a returning student; Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
Location: Edmonton Intercultural Center and Satellite Office
Time Commitment: Full-time 40 hours a week. Summer hours depending on programs which include weekends and evenings.
Start Date: June 26, 2017 End Date: August 25, 2017
Rate of Pay: $12.20/hour
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@mfrsedmonton.org. Deadline for submission Friday May 19th, 2017 at 4pm.